Superintendent Letter – April 8, 2020
Dear Champion Schools Families,
I hope this letter finds you and ALL of your loved ones safe and well. To remain safe, Governor Doug Ducey and Superintendent Kathy Hoffman announced the extension of Arizona school closures through the end of the school year. The extension follows updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) extending physical distancing precautions. This announcement is intended to give parents and educators more certainty so we can plan and make decisions in the best interest of your children.
I am proud of our Champion Staff and Families as we all work together to continue providing Educational Services including: Meal Pick Up, Online/At-Home Academic Instruction, Intervention Tutoring, Athletic Workouts and Special Education Services.
- AzM2 (AzMerits) Statewide Testing has been suspended. Students will be taking a Champion Final Exam in May to measure their academic progress this year.
- Attendance We are taking attendance and recording this in student records. Keep busy!
- Grading on all assignments and quizzes and will be tracked in your students’ file.
- Graduation and Annual Award Assemblies will be held when we are able to convene and celebrate students’ accomplishments as is our tradition.
- FREE Summer School will be held in June (if possible), including all Academic Subjects: Reading, Math, Science and Athletic Programs
- School Year 2021 will begin on July 27, 2020 (unless closures continue)
Please let us know if we can help you. Our Principals and Teachers are reaching out to you.
Best Wishes and Take Care,
Ms. Sawyer MA